Harry Hippo has lost his smile and can’t seem to get it back. No matter what he tries or where he looks, Harry can’t find his smile anywhere. What will he do?
Join Harry and his motormouth companion Olly the Oxpecker on their quest to deliver the ultimate pick-me-up to one of the world’s most massive mammals.
Winner of the ‘Best Kids Show’ award at the Swindon fringe Festival 2018.
A play full of puppetry madness and audience interaction, ‘Be happy, Harry Hippo!’ has been designed to help families broach the subject of childhood depression, recognise the signs and assist where possible.
The performance runs for 55 minutes and offers a stay and play session post-show, where the audience can meet the puppets, ask questions and have their photos taken.
Harry Hippo has lost his smile and can’t seem to get it back.
No matter what he tries or where he looks, Harry can’t find his smile anywhere. What will he do?
Encouraged by resident motor mouth Olly the Oxpecker, Harry and Olly set off on a journey across Uganda to see new sights, hear new sounds and learn new things.
Along the way, Harry will get the chance discover exactly what it is that makes him truly happy and where to find his smile when he gets sad.
- 15/04/18 – Swindon Dance, Swindon Fringe Festival
- 07/07/18 – The Space, Keynsham
- 13/07/18 – Exeter Phoenix, Exeter
- 26/01/19 – Luton Library Theatre. Luton
- 10/02/19 – The Trinity, Tunbridge Wells
- 20/02/19 – The Electric Theatre, Guildford
- 21/02/19 – The Lights, Andover
- 22/02/19 – Sheringham Little Theatre, Sheringham
- 03/03/19 – Waterside Theatre (The Chambers), Sale
- 30/03/19 – Zion Community Art Space, Bristol
- 20/04/19 – Rondo Theatre, Bath
- 08/06/19 – St. Margaret’s Hall, Bradford on Avon
- 09/06/19 – Farnham Maltings, Farnham